Number 902

.
.
.
Winter Glove Shootout! 
by Hunter P

Now that cyclocross season is over and a brief break from the bike has been enjoyed, the focus has turned to getting in training miles for the next year. If you are like me, keeping your hands at least somewhat warm is a top priority and makes riding in temps under 35 degrees ( Fahrenheit ) possible. Over the next week or so, I will be reporting on my experiences with a few different models of winter gloves. Gloves from Pearl Izumi, Hincapie, Bellwether, Craft and a couple of others will be put thru the paces. Interesting details have already come out after just one test session.

In order to keep things somewhat scientific, for each of my rides of an hour or more, I will be wearing a wired thermometer taped to a finger to get an accurate idea of the actual air temperature in the glove. For each ride I will be wearing a different glove on each hand for thorough comparison of different models.

No comments: